Sign in to follow this  
rgerbitz

Hobbles

Here are some hobbles I've been working on, not sure what to do with them. I had wetted them down and wrapped them up in a plastic bag when I went out to feed the other day and when I came back some of the red dye on the bag had bled off onto the hobbles. :ranting2: My bad. Pretty fancy rawhide dog chew. What do you think of the braiding.

Hobble_1.JPGHobble_2.JPGHobble_3.JPG

post-5521-1200767990_thumb.jpg

post-5521-1200768032_thumb.jpg

post-5521-1200768077_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't throw em to the dog; thats for sure! Braiding looks good. How long have you been braiding and how did you learn? Keep up the good work!!

Ryan

I've been trying to braid for about 3 years, give or take. I learned by reading Braiding Rawhide Horse Tack and The Encyclepedia of Rawhide and leather braiding. I also have Bryan Neuberts first video, very good.

Rob Gerbitz

I've been trying to braid for about 3 years, give or take. I learned by reading Braiding Rawhide Horse Tack and The Encyclepedia of Rawhide and leather braiding. I also have Bryan Neuberts first video, very good.

Rob Gerbitz

Thats what I was hoping to hear. I have been thinking about getting Nuebets video.

Ryan

Nice braiding! Sorry to hear about the dye... but you know, they will still work the same even if you dyed them purple.

Use one of those kitchen liner bags, that's what I do. And these will work great no matter what the color. DON'T give them to the dog!

Rob--nice job. May I ask a question---what is the length of each loop?? Secondly--defintely NOT for the dogs!!

Rob

Very nice looking hobbles!! My wife has been after me to braid a pair maybe one of these days after I catch up on the bracelets. Thanks for sharing it's always nice to see others work. Mike

Thank you all,

Charlie,

Laid out each braid is about 34 inches long or 17 inches form the bottom of the heel knot to the end of the loops which gives a rough diameter of about 3 inches when all buttoned up.

I think you did an excellent job with your braiding.

Wolf

Rob,

Post them in the adult folders... :o Drizzle a few more colors on them and tada! Instant adult novelty item. :yes:

Brent